Wednesday, October 20, 2010

School and writer's block are evil

Well I guess I should just come out and say it, because of how much time school has been taking up I haven't been able to write the script for the next episode of AWAT. I have the majority of the research done (I am still looking for more information on the vampire myths from the island nations in Asia), and I will try to post that episode ASAP. Unlike the previous episode, I might wind up just winging this episode rather than following a script. While going over my research that I have done and while practicing how to pronounce the various names for the different types of vampires I found that it seemed more natural to just talk about what I knew than to read something that I had typed up.

My short stories are taking a bit longer than normal for two reasons. One, my free time that I would usually dedicate to working on my short stories is being taken up by working on TS and working on the essay for my world lit class. Two, I have reached a little bit of writer's block with both of my stories I am working on. The writer's block with Wild Love comes from the fact that I am focusing more on figuring out how I want the werewolves to work and the fact that Wild Love is turning out a lot longer than I originally planned and that is throwing me for a loop. For the Beauty and the Beast story the writer's block is coming more from my research. I am trying to find a good balance for combining both Gaelic and Celtic mythology with the story of Beauty and the Beast. However, yesterday while messing around on deviantart I found a picture of a Daoine Sidhe that I absolutely fell in love with. http://harpygirl91.deviantart.com/#/d99d23 That picture defiantly gave me some inspiration for my beauty and the beast story. But no matter how much inspiration I have, I still don't have as much time to set aside to work on my stories. However, I hopefully will be able to make some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment